THE ATTENTIVE ARTIST
Acceptable Use Policy
This is the acceptable use policy, which, together with our Terms of Website Use, sets out the terms under which I, Sophie Walker of Attentive Art allow you to use my site theatentiveartist.com whether you are a visitor or a registered user. All enquiries should be directed to email@example.com. Please read the terms of this policy carefully, as by using my site you indicate that you agree to comply with and be bound by them.
1. PROHIBITED USES OF MY SITE
Whether you are a visitor or registered user, you must comply with my Terms of Website Use, and use my site for lawful purposes only. In particular, you must not use my site for the uses listed (without limitation) below:-
• any fraudulent activity;
• any activity which breaches any applicable law or regulation, whether national or international;
• any activity which may cause or result in harm to a child under 18 years of age;
• sending unsolicited advertising or other content (spam), or entering into any arrangement for such material to be sent;
• reproducing, selling or otherwise handling my site or its contents in breach of my terms of website use;
• knowingly introducing to our site, or transmitor attempt to transmit to any other site, computer or network, viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material, code or program which is malicious or technologically harmful;
• attempting to gain unauthorised access to my site, my software, my server, or any server, computer or database connected to my site; or
• attacking my site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
2. CONTRIBUTING AND INTERACTING
My site may offer users the facilities to upload or contribute content or other material, or to interact with other users. When making use of these facilities, it is your responsibility to ensure that any contribution or interaction is, as far as you are aware, factually correct, represents your honest opinion, and does not breach any applicable law or regulation.
In addition, any contribution or interaction must not include any material which (without limitation):-
• is defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
• is, or refers to material which is, sexually explicit;
• promotes violence, illegal activity or any form of discrimination;
• infringes any other person’s copyright, database right or trade mark;
• threatens, harasses, upsets, embarrasses, alarms or annoys any other person, or is likely to do so;
• advocates, promotes or assists any illegal activity;
• is likely to deceive any person or is made in breach of a legal duty owed to a third party (such as a duty of confidence);
• invades another’s privacy or cause inconvenience or anxiety to any person;
• is used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or
• gives the impression that the material emanates from myself, if this is not the case.
If I at any time use my site to provide users with any interactive service, the following moderation provisions will apply:-
• I will notify users if moderation is in place, and, if so, whether the moderation is provided by a person or is automated;
• if moderation is in place, I will give you a means to contact the moderator;
• although I will do my best to assess any risks which such interactive service may pose, I will be under no obligation to moderate it, and I expressly exclude any liability for any loss or damage to any person caused by use of it; and
• children should at all times be supervised when using the interactive services on my site, whether such services are moderated or not.
4. BREACHES OF THIS POLICY
Any breach of this acceptable use policy will be dealt with in the same way as breach of my Terms of Website Use, and I reserve the right to take any other action I reasonably deem appropriate, including restricting your use of my site and/or taking legal action against you. I am not liable for any loss or damage caused by any breach of this acceptable use policy.
Please check this page regularly, as I may revise this acceptable use policy at any time. I may also change or update my acceptable use policy at any time by means of notices published anywhere on my site.